Prawn masala or shrimp masala is my favorite recipes because of its simplicity and deliciousness, even a beginner level cooks can prepare this recipe with ease. A perfect combination for roti, chapati, rice and dosa.
Shrimp / Prawn Masala Recipe
Author: Megha Govindaraj
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 2 - 4 People
- 500 Grams / 1 pound shrimp
- 2 Green cardamom
- 4 Cloves
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 Tsp cumin seeds
- Few curry leaves
- 1 Medium finely chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- 2 Medium sliced tomatoes
- 1 Tsp turmeric powder
- 1 Tsp red chili powder
- ½ Tsp cumin powder
- ½ Tsp gram masala powder
- ¼ Tsp pepper powder
- 1 Tbsp coriander powder
- 1 Cup shrimp stock / water
- ¼ Cup coriander leaves
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Heat up two tablespoons of oil.
- Add whole spices like cinnamon, cardamom and cloves. Stir for 10 seconds.
- Add cumin seeds, curry leaves and finely chopped onion.
- Cook the onions till they become golden brown in color.
- Add ginger & garlic pate and sauté it until the raw smell disappears.
- Add Sliced tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes becomes completely mushy and well cooked.
- Add turmeric powder and mix it well.
- Add red chili powder, garam masala powder, cumin powder, pepper powder and coriander powder and mix it well.
- Add the washed and deveined prawns and saute them well.
- Add a cup of prawn stock (See below to learn how to make shrimp / prawn stock) or simply add water.
- Add Salt according to your taste and mix it well.
- Cover the lid and cook for 5 min under medium heat.
- After five min, add roughly chopped coriander leaves and mix it well.
- Serve the delicious prawn / Shrimp masala for roti, chapati, rice or dosa.
Please follow and like us: