Idiyappam is an easy breakfast recipe, It is easier than making dosa or idli, if you have the right tools, you can make this simple idiyappam in just 15 min.
Idiyappam Recipe (Kerala Style)
Author: Megha Govindaraj
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 6 Idiyappms
- 1 Cup rice flour
- 1 Cup hot water
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp oil
- First Dry roast the rice flour until you get nice roasted aroma (For 5 min under medium to low heat).
- Once the rice flour is roasted, transfer the rice flour into a large bowl.
- In a saucepan add 1 to 1½ Cups of water and bring to boil.
- Add salt into the rice flour and mix it well.
- Once the water comes to boil, gradually add the water into the bowl of rice flour and keep mixing it until it forces into a medium consistency dough (Add water accordingly).
- Take a wide spatula and has the dough nicely to get rid of any lumps.
- Add 1 Tsp of oil and continue to mash until the dough is nice and soft.
- Grease your idli plates and murukku mold well.
- Fill the ¾ Idiyappam dough into the murukku mold and form the dough into idiyappm's
- Rotate the handle of your murukku press and keep your hand moving around the idli plates to form nice and round shape idiyappam's.
- Steam the Idiyappm for additional 4 - 5 min and serve it hot with vegetable stew, coconut chutney or vegetable kurma.
Side Dish for Idiyappam:
Please follow and like us: