Aloo Bhindi / Bhindi Aloo is a simple and quick side dish recipe… usually prepared to go with Roti or Chapati.
As it is a dry recipe, It is a perfect option for tiffin box (Lunch Box).
Aloo Bhindi Ki Sabzi | Bhindi Aloo
Author: Megha Govindaraj
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 2 - 3 People
- 300 Grams Bhindi / Okra
- 1 Medium size Potato
- ½ Medium size onion
- 1 Tsp Cumin seeds
- ½ Tsp cumin powder
- ½ Tsp Garam masala powder
- ½ Tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ Tsp Red chili powder
- 1 Tsp coriander powder
- ½ Finely chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- Into a pan add a tbsp of oil. Once the oil is heated add the a tsp of cumin seeds and ½ medium size roughly chopped onion.
- Once the onions become slightly soft add the cut okra / Bhindi and fry them for couple of minutes under medium heat.
- After two minutes add the potato cubes and season with some salt. Mix it well and cover the lid and cook until the potatoes are almost cooked.
- Now add ½ a tsp of cumin powder, ½ tsp of garam masala powder, ½ Tsp of red chili powder, ½ Tsp of turmeric powder and 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Mix it well until all the powdered spices are well coated to the potatoes and okra.
- Now again cover the lid and cook until the potatoes and okra are fully cooked.
- Finally add finely chopped onions and toss it well.
- Turn off the heat and cover the lid and let the sabzi sit for a minute for the onions to soften a little.
- Enjoy the Aloo Bhindi / Bhindi aloo with roti / Chapati.
Please follow and like us: